Clinics & Services
- We run Diabetic, Asthma & COPD clinics. Patients with these conditions are advised to book in with the practice nurse on a regular basis.
- We offer well person checks, menopause clinics, hypertension & heart disease clinics.
- We also offer health promotion counselling and clinics to deal with excess alcohol consumption and obesity.
- We can also help with stopping smoking by referring patients to a local smoking cessation service known as Quit 51 - 0800 622 6968
- Advice on all forms of contraception and follow-up is available. Please ask your GP/Nurse
Immunisations are undertaken by the Practice Nurse. Please contact the surgery for appointments for childhood immunisations. If you wish to look at the schedule for immunisations please look at the Family Health page on this website. Also the NHS Choices Website has details on all immunisations.
We offer full pregnancy and antenatal care in conjunction with the midwife and hospital. A clinic is held on Thursdays from 1pm to 5pm with appointments booked via reception. If you have a positive pregnancy test please book a midwife appointment as soon as possible emphasising it is a first appoinment.
There are no fixed times for the treatment of warts - please just make an appointment with Barbara one of our Practice Nurses. We have a permanent liquid nitrogen source for this treatment. It is not advisible to treat young children with this cryotherapy. Warts are a self limiting condition and normally disappear within 2 years.
Branston surgery is committed to providing confidential health care advice to teenagers with regards to sexual health. If you have any queries with regards to this please contact the surgery and ask to speak in confidence with one of the Practice nurses or one of the GP’s.
NHS England invites all eligible patients every 3-5 years to undertake a smear. When you receive an invitation for a smear please contact the practice for an appointment with a Practice Nurse for this to be undertaken.
Blood clinics are now run Tuesday to Thursday inclusive from 08:30 to 12.00 & Wednesday afternoon - 2pm to 3.30pm. The practice has 2 phlebotomist's who run these clinics and you will need to contact the surgery with regards to booking an appointment for this clinic. If you have been given a blood form please bring it with you when you book in at reception on the day of your appointment. We will only undertake bloods that have been requested by a clinician.
These can be left in a box situated on the reception desk. They need to be deposited before the collection time (usually late morning)
Other services and special interests
We also offer:
- 24hr blood pressure monitoring.
- Travel Vaccinations
NHS Health Checks to those eligible. You will be invited to these clinics if you are eligible under the NHS England guidelines.